Qn.1: Image extraction at best quality:
Within this question, the aim is to extract at best quality a specified frame from video footage recorded in different CCTV system file formats. Best quality should be understood to mean: minimum degradation with respect to its form within the source file, aiming for 1:1 pixel mapping. In other words, please submit the specified frames in this raw form without attempting to restore, e.g., true to life aspect ratio, or performing any other image operations.
- Download the Zip File: XVis TestE, 7m distance, high-elevation example
and extract its contents to a new folder.
A player and files required for it to run are provided in the folder 'Player'. The folder '20140508' contains a video file in the .drv format as well as .sig metadata file (at the bottom of the folder tree in the folder titled 'Normal'.)
- Extract the first frame of the file (from timestamp 'PM 04:43:01 2014/04/28') at best quality (see definition given above) using either
- the replay software supplied and the procedure described below, and
submit your result using the filename 'Q1A_ReplayDescribed_YOUR INITIALS', or,
- some other method (with or without the replay software) if a preferable result is achievable, and submit your result using the filename 'Q1A_OtherMethod_YOUR INITIALS'
- Procedure: How to replay the footage using the Provided Replay
- The replay software can be run by double clicking 'DVR_Player.exe'. The software is self contained and does not require installation.
- Click the 'Play' style button on the bottom of the GUI. A Window titled 'Data List' will appear
- Click 'Open' at the top of this window. A new window titled 'Source' will appear. Select the appropriate drive and navigate to the folder titled 'Normal' which contains the .drv file.
- Ensure that you double click on the folder icon against 'Normal' so the icon changes from a closed folder to an open folder (the contents of the folder will not be shown).
- Click 'OK' to confirm the selection which closes the window titled 'Source'
- Click 'Playback' at the bottom of the window titled 'Data List'. A new window titled 'Playback' will appear.
- Click 'OK' at the top-right of the window titled 'Playback'. After a moment or two, the footage will begin playing back.