Qn.1: Image extraction at best quality:
Within this question, the aim is to extract at best quality a specified frame from video footage recorded in different CCTV system file formats. Best quality should be understood to mean: minimum degradation with respect to its form within the source file, aiming for 1:1 pixel mapping. In other words, please submit the specified frames in this raw form without attempting to restore, e.g., true to life aspect ratio, or performing any other image operations.
- Download the video file and the replay software using the links
Video File: TestE_7mDistance_HighElevation.zip
DM-observer-1.18.59-installer.exe (Replay Software)
- Unzip 'TestE_7mDistance_HighElevation.zip' to obtain the video file 'TestE_7mDistance_HighElevation.PAR'
- Double click on 'DM-observer-1.18.59-installer.exe' to install the replay software on your computer. This will open an installation wizard. Select 'Next' for each step of the wizard, and 'Done' to complete the installation.
- Extract the first frame from timestamp '4:43:30 PM GMT' at best quality (see definition given above) using
- the replay software supplied and the procedure described below, and
submit your result using the filename 'Q1B_ReplayDescribed_YOUR INITIALS', or,
- some other method if a preferable result is achievable, and submit your result using the filename 'Q1B_OtherMethod_YOUR INITIALS'
- Procedure: How to replay the footage using the Provided Replay
- Open the replay software via the 'Start' menu of your PC. Start/Programs/DM NetVu Observer\DM NetVu Observer
- In the top left of the GUI, select 'File/Open Video'. A new window will appear titled 'Open'
- Navigate to the video file of .PAR file format and click on 'Open'
- In the window titled 'Import Video', Click on 'OK'. After a moment or two, the footage will begin playing back.